UM Dollars for Scholars
Applications open January 1, 2023.
The United Methodist Dollars for Scholars (UMDFS) program involves matching support from a student’s church, UMHEF, as well as participating United Methodist-related schools and UMC conference foundations. Awards may total up to $4,000. Funds are limited at each matching level; awards and totals are not guaranteed. Keep reading for full details!
How This Award Works
- A student’s church offers support with $1,000 (on a church check sent directly to UMHEF).
- UMHEF matches that for a total of $2,000 (while funds last).
- Participating United Methodist-related schools may match with $1,000.
- For United Methodist applicants, participating UMC Conference Foundations may match up to $1,000.
- Your UM Dollars for Scholars scholarship may total up to $4,000.
- Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements found here.
- You must apply annually to be considered for a scholarship each school year.
- Please note that some schools may not provide the same matching award to non-UM members or graduate students; check with your school to verify matching for your degree program.
- Doctoral students are not eligible for this award program.
- Deadline Exception: Students attending 2-year UM-related schools may apply through June 1.
Please Note: Funds are limited at each matching level, so awards and award totals are not guaranteed. Matched funds from participating schools and conference foundations listed here may vary and are not guaranteed. Each partner may have a limit to the number of awards they can match in any given year.
How to Apply
Applications open January 1. Check back for instructions.