Dollars for Scholars
The United Methodist Dollars for Scholars (UMDFS) program involves matching support from a student’s church, UMHEF, participating United Methodist-related schools, and participating UMC conference foundations. Awards range from $2,000 – $4,000 per student.
How It Works
We have heard from many students experiencing unique challenges this year. In light of these challenges, the deadline to apply for this scholarship has been extended through March 19, 2021 for scholarships to help fund the 2021-2022 academic year.
Here’s how the program works:
- A student’s church offers support with $1,000 (on a church check sent to UMHEF).
- UMHEF matches that for a total of $2,000.
- Participating United Methodist-related schools will match with $1,000.
- Participating UMC Conference Foundations may match up to $1,000.
- Your potential UMDFS scholarship total is up to $4,000.
- You must apply annually to be awarded a scholarship each school year.
- Please note that some schools may not provide the same matching award to graduate students; check with your school to verify matching for your degree program.
- Please note that Doctoral students are not eligible for this award program.
- The deadline to apply and submit supporting materials is March 19, 2021. (Students attending a two-year junior college only may apply through June 1, 2021.)