UM Dollars for Scholars
The main application season for the 2021-2022 academic year is now closed. Learn about the few scholarships still accepting applications here (and see below).
Applications Still Open for Students at Two-Year Colleges!
Students attending Andrew College or Louisburg College (two-year United Methodist-related junior colleges) may apply through June 1 using the downloadable form found here. Learn about the other scholarships still accepting applications here.
The United Methodist Dollars for Scholars (UMDFS) program involves matching support from a student’s church, UMHEF, participating United Methodist-related schools, and participating UMC conference foundations. Awards range from $2,000 – $4,000 per student.
How It Works
Here’s how the program works:
- A student’s church offers support with $1,000 (on a church check sent to UMHEF).
- UMHEF matches that for a total of $2,000.
- Participating United Methodist-related schools will match with $1,000.
- Participating UMC Conference Foundations may match up to $1,000.
- Your potential UMDFS scholarship total is up to $4,000.
- You must apply annually to be awarded a scholarship each school year.
- Please note that some schools may not provide the same matching award to graduate students; check with your school to verify matching for your degree program.
- Please note that Doctoral students are not eligible for this award program.
- Students attending a two-year junior college only may apply through June 1, 2021.