UM Dollars for Scholars
Applications for this award will reopen January 1, 2022. Please check back.
2021 UM Dollars for Scholars Recipients: Looking for the Verification of Enrollment form? You can find it here.
About UM Dollars for Scholars
The United Methodist Dollars for Scholars (UMDFS) program involves matching support from a student’s church, UMHEF, participating United Methodist-related schools, and participating UMC conference foundations. Award may total up to $4,000.
Funds are limited at each matching level; awards and totals are not guaranteed.
How It Works
- A student’s church offers support with $1,000 (on a church check sent to UMHEF).
- UMHEF matches that for a total of $2,000 (while funds last).
- Participating United Methodist-related schools may match with $1,000.
- Participating UMC Conference Foundations may match up to $1,000.
- Your potential UMDFS scholarship may total up to $4,000.
- You must apply annually to be considered for a scholarship each school year.
- Please note that some schools may not provide the same matching award to graduate students; check with your school to verify matching for your degree program.
- Doctoral students are not eligible for this award program.
- Students attending a two-year junior college only typically may apply through June 1.
Please Note: Funds are limited at each matching level, so awards and award totals are not guaranteed. Matched funds from schools listed (linked above) as “Triple Your Dollars” participants or Conference Foundations listed as “Quadruple Your Dollars” participants may vary and are not guaranteed. Schools and foundations may have a limit to the number of awards they can match in any given year.