UM Dollars for Scholars
Applications are currently closed for the UM Dollars for Scholars program, except for those attending Andrew College and Louisburg College. These students may apply using the printable application found here through June 1.
The United Methodist Dollars for Scholars (UMDFS) program involves matching support from a student’s church, UMHEF, participating United Methodist-related schools, and participating UMC conference foundations. Award may total up to $4,000. Funds are limited at each matching level; awards and totals are not guaranteed.
How It Works
- A student’s church offers support with $1,000 (on a church check sent to UMHEF).
- UMHEF matches that for a total of $2,000 (while funds last).
- Participating United Methodist-related schools may match with $1,000.
- Participating UMC Conference Foundations may match up to $1,000.
- Your potential UMDFS scholarship may total up to $4,000.
- You must apply annually to be considered for a scholarship each school year.
- Please note that some schools may not provide the same matching award to graduate students; check with your school to verify matching for your degree program.
- Doctoral students are not eligible for this award program.
- Deadline Exception: Students attending a two-year junior college only may apply through June 1.
Please Note: Funds are limited at each matching level, so awards and award totals are not guaranteed. Matched funds from schools listed (linked above) as “Triple Your Dollars” participants or Conference Foundations listed as “Quadruple Your Dollars” participants may vary and are not guaranteed. Schools and foundations may have a limit to the number of awards they can match in any given year.
How to Apply
Applications are currently closed except for United Methodist students attending 2-year UM-related junior colleges: Andrew College and Louisburg College. If you plan to attend one of these schools, you may apply through June 1 using the printable application found here.