Dollars for Scholars
We are no longer accepting applications from students attending 4-year colleges and universities.
The United Methodist Dollars for Scholars (UMDFS) program involves matching support from a student’s church, UMHEF, participating United Methodist-related schools, and participating UMC conference foundations.
Eligibility & How to Apply
Applications are not currently being accepted from students attending 4-year schools. Students attending or planning to attend either Andrew College or Louisburg College (the 2-year schools that are a part of our UMDFS program) may still apply through June 1. The application can only be submitted by mail and is available here.
- Student’s church supports with $1,000 (on a church check sent to UMHEF)
- Applications are not considered complete until this church check is received, along with a completed Confirmation Form.
- UMHEF will match that $1,000
- Participating United Methodist-related schools will match with $1,000
- Participating UMC Conference Foundations may match up to $1,000
- Your potential UMDFS scholarship total is up to $4,000
- You must apply annually to be awarded a scholarship each school year
- Please note that some schools may not provide the same matching award to graduate students; check with your school to verify matching for your degree program