UM Dollars for Scholars
While the main application season for the 2021-2022 academic year is now closed, limited funds for the UM Dollars for Scholars program are still available. See below for details.
Attention 2021 UM Dollars for Scholars Award Recipients: Looking for the Verification of Enrollment form? You can find it here.
LIMITED FUNDS AVAILABLE – ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
For a limited time, due to remaining funds in the 2021-2022 program, UMHEF is accepting applications for UM Dollars for Scholars. UMHEF will match a $1,000 award from a student’s local UM church, bringing the award total up to $2,000. If the school the student plans to attend still has funds available in the program cycle, the award may reach up to $3,000. Scholarships are not guaranteed and we reserve the right to close applications at any time. Apply today using the form found here.
About UM Dollars for Scholars
The United Methodist Dollars for Scholars (UMDFS) program involves matching support from a student’s church, UMHEF, participating United Methodist-related schools, and participating UMC conference foundations. Awards range from $2,000 – $4,000 per student.
How It Works
Here’s how the program works:
- A student’s church offers support with $1,000 (on a church check sent to UMHEF).
- UMHEF matches that for a total of $2,000.
- Participating United Methodist-related schools will match with $1,000.
- Participating UMC Conference Foundations may match up to $1,000.
- Your potential UMDFS scholarship total is up to $4,000.
- You must apply annually to be awarded a scholarship each school year.
- Please note that some schools may not provide the same matching award to graduate students; check with your school to verify matching for your degree program.
- Please note that Doctoral students are not eligible for this award program.
- Students attending a two-year junior college only typically may apply through June 1.