How to Apply
Apply NOW for scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Recently, we have heard from many students experiencing unique challenges this year. In light of these challenges, we have extended the deadline to apply for UMHEF scholarships through March 19, 2021* for the 2021-2022 academic year.
*The deadline extension of March 19, 2021 applies to General Named Endowed scholarships and UM Dollars for Scholars program, unless otherwise noted. Exceptions may apply.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BEGINNING YOUR APPLICATION:
- UMHEF awards scholarships to United Methodist students planning to attend one of these United Methodist-related schools.
- Learn about the main UMHEF scholarship programs: UM Dollars for Scholars, General Named Endowed Scholarships, and Other Scholarships
- Review the Eligibility Requirements and Other Important Notes for our scholarship programs to make sure you qualify and know what will be needed to apply before beginning.
- If you will be applying for our Dollars for Scholars program, we recommend that you contact your church’s business manager, pastor, or other leadership as soon as possible to inquire about their intent and ability to provide the $1,000 award that begins this scholarship, and let them know you plan to apply. Your application will not be marked “complete” until the church’s check is received.
- UMHEF uses Smarter Select (applications linked below), an online platform that makes it easy for students to create a profile and set log-in credentials to make it simple to begin, come back, complete, and check the status of your application(s).
- If you applied in 2020, you should be able to use the same student profile to begin a new application. If you have forgotten your password, please use prompts provided by Smarter Select to request a password reset. Applicants must re-apply every year for UMHEF awards.
- Review our FAQs page for answers to frequently asked questions.