2020-2021 Applications Now Open!
UMHEF is now accepting scholarship applications for the 2020-2021 school year. Please carefully review the following information regarding how to apply. Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2020.
This year, we are excited to offer a new application process through SmarterSelect, an easy to use and secure online platform trusted by hundreds of schools and scholarship foundations.
Students, using this new platform, you will be able to:
- create a personal account so that you can log-in at any time to your UMHEF applicant portal
- manage your personal information
- start, save, and come back to unfinished UMHEF applications
- upload and send required documents electronically (i.e. transcripts, essays, etc.) to UMHEF
- view the status of your UMHEF application(s)
- receive notification of UMHEF awards
- and much more!
Which Application Is Best For You?
Learn about UMHEF’s two main scholarship programs to decide which application is best for you:
- General Named Endowed Scholarship applicants are required to apply electronically through SmarterSelect.
- UM Dollars for Scholars applicants have the option of applying through SmarterSelect or downloading and mailing in a printable application to complete with your church.
- UM Dollars for Scholars applicants, whether applying online or by mail, must also send in a $1,000 check from their church as well as this Confirmation Form.
- Scholarships offered by UMHEF are completely separate from those offered by the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry (GBHEM). You are welcome to apply for both, but must apply for ours using a UMHEF application below. You can only receive one scholarships from UMHEF per year.
If you have questions at any step of the process, do not hesitate to contact us at 800-811-8110 during regular business hours or by email.