Scholarships for University of Tennessee Southern Students
UMHEF offers scholarships for United Methodist students attending the UT Southern. Applications open January 1 and typically close March 1 for the following academic year.
Historically, UMHEF has housed funds to support Martin Methodist College students. Due to this longstanding relationship, the Foundation has designated funds to provide financial support to University of Tennessee Southern students who are members of The United Methodist Church.
Please Note: UT Southern is not a partnering school with our United Methodist Dollars for Scholars program and students attending UTS will not be eligible for that award.
Below is the criteria for scholarships for United Methodist students attending UT Southern. Awards are not guaranteed and funds are limited.
- Be a full member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year
- Enrolled at or planning to enroll at the University of Tennessee Southern
- Other criteria may apply, but UMHEF will match you with the award for which you qualify.
How to Apply
Follow these steps when applying for awards designated for United Methodist students attending UT Southern:
- Complete and submit the General Named Endowed Scholarships application. Applications will open again on January 1, 2023 for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- To bypass the pre-qualifying screen, you may choose YES to planning to attend a UM-related school.
- UT Southern is not included in the list of UM-related schools on our application. Instead, please enter “UT Southern” in the next field reserved for declaring another school.
Since 1965, the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation has been a leader in providing scholarship support to United Methodist students attending the over 100 United Methodist-related higher education institutions. The Foundation awards more than $2 million to nearly 1,000 students every year. Learn more.