APPLICATION FOR THE 2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR COMING SOON!
On January 2, 2019 UMHEF will begin accepting applications for the United Methodist Dollars for Scholars program to help fund your 2019-2020 academic year. Bookmark this page and set a calendar reminder to come back and apply! View the 2018-2019 UM Dollars for Scholars application here.
ABOUT THE UM DOLLARS FOR SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The United Methodist Dollars for Scholars program involves matching support from a student’s church, UMHEF, participating United Methodist-related schools and participating UMC Conference Foundations. You can apply for both the Named Endowed Scholarship and UM Dollars For Scholars Program through UMHEF, and we will provide you with the largest scholarship support.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Your church supports the student with $1,000 (on a church check)
- UMHEF will match that $1,000
- Participating United Methodist-related schools will match with $1,000
- Participating UMC Conference Foundations may match up to $1,000
- Your potential scholarship total is up to $4,000
- List of participating schools and conference foundations are available in PDF form here.
- Must be an active, full member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year prior to applying. Members of other Methodist denominations are not eligible.
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time degree program (graduate or undergraduate) at a United Methodist-related college or seminary in the United States.
- International students must be attending a United Methodist-related institution in the United States.
- Doctoral (PhD) candidates are not eligible.