- Students Voices
- Give Today
United Methodist Dollars for Scholars
Attention: If you do not receive the confirmation email after submitting your United Methodist Dollars for Scholars application, click here!
Please read instructions completely before going to application.
Applications not filled out correctly may not be eligible for consideration.
Each year through the United Methodist Dollars for Scholars (UMDFS) program, the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation (UMHEF) provides $1,000 matching scholarships to United Methodist students who have received a $1,000 scholarship from their local United Methodist church to help them attend a United Methodist-related college, university, or seminary. Additional matching funds may be available to eligible applicants through the Triple Your Dollars and/or the Quadruple Your Dollars components of the UMDFS program. The number of available matching scholarships is determined annually. Available matching funds include 25 scholarships designated for Hispanic-, Asian-, and Native-American [HANA] students funded by the UM General Board of Higher Education and Ministry.
- Online applications must be submitted between January 1 and March 1.
- Online applications from students planning to enroll in a two-year UM-related junior college may be submitted until June 1.
- Applicant must be planning to enroll as a full-time student in the fall of the coming academic year at a United Methodist-related college, university, or seminary.
- Applicant must be an active member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year.
- Doctoral (PhD) candidates are not eligible.
- After submitting the online application, applicants will receive a confirmation email that includes a form, which the student and the pastor of the sponsoring church must sign. This signed form must be mailed to the UMHEF along with a check from the sponsoring church for exactly $1,000 payable to UMHEF (no personal checks) and postmarked no later than March 1.
- Churches may sponsor an unlimited number of applicants for the United Methodist Dollars for Scholars program.
- If the number of applications received exceeds available funds, recipients will be awarded from all eligible applications received. All applicant checks not awarded will be returned to the sponsoring churches. No awards will be made prior to May 1.
- UMHEF will transfer award funds to the recipient's school in the fall after verification of full-time enrollment is received from the school's registrar's office. It is the recipient's responsibility, after arriving at school in the fall, to request the school's registrar's office to send verification of their enrollment to UMHEF. Award checks will not be mailed out until after mid-October.
- Recipients who do not enroll for the fall semester in a UM-related school must inform UMHEF in writing so that we can return their church's funds.
|Privacy statement: UMHEF values the security of your data. No information entered here will be shared or used for any purposes beyond those required for your application for a scholarship. All submitted data is encrypted and stored for use by our office only.|
BEFORE YOU BEGIN FILLING OUT THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Once you begin filling out the online application, you will not be able to save it and come back. If you quit before completing the application, you will have to start over again. You may find it helpful to print a hard copy of the online application form first to prepare for filling it out online. Once you've submitted your application you will not be able to make changes or additions.
DOUBLE YOUR DOLLARS FOR SCHOLARS
Students attending United Methodist-related institutions not participating in the Triple Your Dollars component of the United Methodist Dollars for Scholars program will receive a total award of $2,000. These schools are listed as Double Your Dollars participants.
TRIPLE YOUR DOLLARS FOR SCHOLARS
Students attending United Methodist-related institutions that have agreed to participate in the Triple Your Dollars component of the United Methodist Dollars for Scholars program will receive $1,000 in matching funds directly from the school for a total award of $3,000. These schools are listed as Triple Your Dollars participants. Recipients should contact their institution's financial aid office for specific information about how their matching award will be granted.
QUADRUPLE YOUR DOLLARS FOR SCHOLARS
Under the Quadruple Your Dollars component of the United Methodist Dollars for Scholars program, participating United Methodist conference foundations may provide an additional $1,000 match to recipients sponsored by churches in their respective conferences, bringing the total award to $4,000. These foundations reserve the right to restrict the number of matching awards available. Recipients must be attending a Triple Your Dollars participating institution to be eligible for the Quadruple match; other restrictions may apply based on individual conference foundation criteria and availability of quadruple funds. Please see the list of our Quadruple Your Dollars participants.
The following conference foundations are participating in the Quadruple Your Dollars portion of this program by agreeing to provide an additional $1,000 match to recipients from their conferences for a total scholarship award of $4,000. Recipients must be attending a Triple Your Dollars participating institution to be eligible for the quadruple match;
Alabama-West Florida United Methodist Foundation
East Ohio United Methodist Foundation
Georgia United Methodist Foundation
The Kentucky United Methodist Foundation, Inc.
Minnesota United Methodist Foundation, Inc.
Missouri United Methodist Foundation, Inc. (students attending Saint Paul School of Theology and Central Methodist University)
North Carolina United Methodist Foundation (students attending Louisburg College, Methodist University and North Carolina Wesleyan College)
The Oklahoma United Methodist Foundation, Inc. (students attending Oklahoma City University)
Rocky Mountain Conference United Methodist Foundation, Inc.
United Methodist Foundation for the Memphis and Tennessee Conferences
United Methodist Foundation of Arkansas
United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina, Inc.
United Methodist Foundation, Inc. (North Carolina)
The following institutions are participating in the Triple Your Dollars portion of this program by agreeing to provide $1,000 in matching funds to their students for a total award of $3,000 to scholarship recipients:
Seminaries & Theological Schools
Boston University School of Theology
Candler School of Theology, Emory University
Claremont School of Theology
Drew University, The Theological School
Duke University, The Divinity School (up to 10 entering students)
Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
Iliff School of Theology
Methodist Theological School in Ohio (up to 15 students)
Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University (up to 25 students)
Saint Paul School of Theology
Wesley Theological Seminary
United Theological Seminary
Senior Colleges & Universities
Alaska Pacific University
Centenary College of Louisiana
Central Methodist University
Clark Atlanta University
Dakota Wesleyan University
Emory & Henry College
Florida Southern College
Green Mountain College
High Point University
Illinois Wesleyan University
Iowa Wesleyan College
Kansas Wesleyan University
Kentucky Wesleyan College
Lindsey Wilson College
Martin Methodist College
North Carolina Wesleyan College
North Central College
Ohio Northern University
Ohio Wesleyan University
Oklahoma City University
Philander Smith College
Southern Methodist University
Tennessee Wesleyan College
Texas Wesleyan University
University of Denver
University of Evansville
University of Indianapolis
Virginia Wesleyan College
West Virginia Wesleyan College
Young Harris College
Two Year Colleges
Spartanburg Methodist College
The following institutions are participating in the Double Your Dollars portion of the program only, which will provide a total of $2,000 to scholarship recipients:
Seminaries & Theological Schools
Gammon Theological Seminary
Meharry Medical College
Senior Colleges & Universities
Bennett College for Women
Lebanon Valley College
Mount Union College
Nebraska Methodist College
Nebraska Wesleyan University
Rocky Mountain College
University of Puget Sound
University of the Pacific
United Methodist Dollars For Scholars Application
*** Please fill out all of the information below.