UNITED METHODIST DOLLARS FOR SCHOLARS APPLICATION
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Your church supports the student with $1,000 (on a church check)
2. UMHEF will match that $1,000
3. Participating United Methodist-related schools will match with $1,000
4. Participating UMC Conference Foundations will match $1,000
Your potential scholarship total is up to $4,000
List of participating schools and conference foundations are available in PDF form here.
- Online applications must be submitted between January 1 and March 1 each year.
- All additional required application materials must be postmarked no later than March 1.
- Must be an active, full member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year prior to applying. Members of other Methodist denominations are not eligible.
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time degree program (graduate or undergraduate) at a United Methodist-related college or seminary in the United States.
- International students must be attending a United Methodist-related institution in the United States.
- Doctoral (PhD) candidates are not eligible.
Once you begin filling out the application, you will NOT be able to save it and come back. If you quit before completing the application, you will have to start over again. You may find it helpful to print a hard copy of the online application form first to prepare for filling it out online. Once you've submitted your application you will not be able to make changes or additions. For your convenience, before you begin filling out the online application, please gather the following information:
- UM church membership information, including church address and pastor's email.
- If, how and when your church will provide you $1,000 check to be matched through the program.